View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 06:01 PM   #100
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by battery1882 View Post
I was not being clear. So on the previous tune, it was knocking really really bad, Koji was able to fix most of that. Koji's dyno read 15% lower than the previous tuner's dyno, making my final # same as previous tune.

9:1 theoretically should make more power but for whatever reason, it started knocking as soon as boost started settling in. Before setting up a dyno time, Koji explained that from his previous experience, 9:1 usually knocks bad and stated that my set up will not make more than 280 @ the wheel.
I'm guessing the previous tuner pulled timing to avoid knock, which caused my egt to get so high.

I've sourced most of the parts which involves dropping CR to 8.5:1 (head gasket) along with bigger/better injectors, pumps, and intake. I'm planning on doing these after the 4/1 event and go back to Koji.

I really appreciate your concern! Feel free to comment on whatever!

I have not done much of that which I need to do eventually. NO AC, gutted interior/ sound deadening, lighter battery, titanium exhaust is about all I have so far. Car weighs around 2600lbs with full cage which is not bad..

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .

I've also added a separate relay that powers the fuel pump.

IF my $.02 matter at all,

From what I'm reading & previous experience the high EGT's you are experiencing (how hot are your EGT's?) are due to high back pressure. My Car has factory internals with a 1.5mm HG Factory S14 T28 with Denso 550cc injectors. at ACS I was seeing EGT's as hot as 810*C (I don't have a cat) I was reading my EGT's 1.75" away from cylinder 3 exhaust port. Between ACS & Buttonwillow I made a test to test the theory & got some success. I port matched my Manifold to my head, Manifold to the Turbo gasket, turbo gasket to the turbo inlet & made a better transition from the elbow flange to the bellmouth. at Buttonwillow i never saw EGT's hotter than 760*C on the same exact tune before my waterpump checked out. I run my car pretty rich too to help with the hot EGT's I overheard a few people saying i'm burning rotary type fireballs after the bank. (wish i had pics) and a few guys at buttonwillow said the same thing.

I would recommend welding a 38 or 40mm external wastegate to a ported stock manifold for best results with the GT2871R it'll help bring those EGT's down quite a bit that's what I'll be doing for my car.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote