View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 03:38 PM   #4
dennybalance
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
dennybalance is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to dennybalance Send a message via AIM to dennybalance Send a message via Yahoo to dennybalance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silv1401 View Post
Sounds like a metering issue. Clean your MAF, and make sure the plug is all the way plugged in. Also, I wouldn't recommend the constant turning of the key to the 'start' position. That is just running your starter motor, and by running that excessively, it will severely shorten the lifespan. The reason though that keeping the key turned keeps it going is because it is forcing the flywheel to spin, which is forcing the 4-cycles of the engine, irregardless of the metered inputs (i.e fuel, air, spark). I would also put your FPR back to how it was.

Also, on a side note, have you tested or replaced the battery? Made sure the power/ground wires aren't fried? If you keep pumping the throttle/bouncing the revs will it keep the engine alive?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The starter is connected to the button so when I turn the key it doesn’t turn the starter. The idle jumps up a few hundred rpm and it revs smoother with the key turned all the way

And thanks, gonna really get in the maf this time and do that

I haven’t tried the battery yet but that’s the next thing I’m gonna do, that and the connectors

And yeah the throttle will keep it alive mostly
dennybalance is offline   Reply With Quote