View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 12:08 PM   #21
Kviper52
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Kviper52 is an unknown quantity at this point
So I spent Friday and Saturday getting super drunk with a bunch of friends watching drifting at FD (can’t even remember watching the cars honestly)

Then came home late and woke up early to gather everything I needed and make sure I was ready for the event. I painted my brand new helmet, you know the important stuff

My buddy came over and we fit 2 sets of wheels and tires, 2 chairs, an ez up, 2 big low profile jacks and a set of jack stands and all my tools between his civic and my 240. I feel like that’s the proper way to do the first event, drive the car there and not use a truck [emoji23]🤷*♂️ lesson learned. But here are some pics of set up etc

In line for tech inspection,

We were then told to move the cars to under the canopy to be teched, I was super excited that I put the car in reverse and backed into Adam LZ’s 350z luckily it was a small bump and no damage was done so everything was cool and he was really cool about it. Pretty embarrassing oh well 🤷*♂️

My first run out first corner I went wide and hit a barrier and popped the mint body cherry, but I guess that’s how you learn by going hard in the paint and driving.

Skids:

I was taking a break after each run and calming down etc etc. but after the 4th run I wanted to get right back in line before I went to eat. After thattttt run, a local hero saw me sliding and came up to my car and asked if it was my first event, and that he wanted to ride along, so that run was 3 in a row, when I pulled off he offered to demonstrate in the car while I rode. He clutch kicked once and was like you don’t have a clutch, we tried running it but it was done, babied it back to pits and was hoping it was just hit so I let it cool drank some beers took a nap and then later tried to move the car and it would go in gear but nothing would happen. Sooooo yea that was that. Me not bringing a trailerrrrrrrr made it that much worse on Mother’s Day Sunday evening. Luckily and thankfully GMG And their head tech Allen Kerns helped me out. Me and George (gmg owner) drive to his shop 30 min away to pick up a car trailer and then come back and push the car onto the trailer. (Shout out to Ian Shelly and David Diaz for that help) The car is now at GmG waiting for a new clutch to be put in. Had a BLAST though can’t wait to go back out.

1997 240sx -Wife Car

My Cars and Their story:
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=657376
Kviper52 is offline   Reply With Quote