View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 05:33 PM   #126
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Worked some more things out over the last few days, its starting to get hot again so I need to get my shit together and wrap this up.

The engine harness came with wiring for the flex fuel sensor already added, but was missing wiring for oil pressure and fuel pressure and fan control. I'm completely new to wiring, I've cobbled some stuff together in the past, but nothing I'd be happy with running on this car.

So, I did my research, watched some videos and got to ordering stuff. Ended up with a few pairs of crimpers, 20awg TXL wire, ECU terminals, dual wall heat shrink, sleeve and DTM connectors. 4 way connector carries sensor 5v, sensor ground and signal from both fuel and oil pressure sensors. 2 way connector controls the fan relays, one terminal goes back to a 12v source and the other is pinned into a switched ground from the ECU. Took my time and what I ended up with turned out better than I expected!

Had some trouble finding a spot for the fuel filter, even though I have more room in the bay, the room isn't the most usable. Again something I've never done before, got some random sheet metal from the hardware store and got to work making templates out of cardboard. Filter got set behind the passenger strut tower, due to its overall length with fittings this was the best solution I could find for the time being. Boost solenoid got tucked away on the passenger side under the master cylinder.

Lastly, I got the PCV setup mostly sorted. Ended up ordering a Nuke Performance catch can, showed up in two days from Sweden Part is super quality, but again I couldn't find anywhere to put the damn thing. Settled on a spot under the nose panel and its actually perfect, entire setup is stealth and out of the way. -10an lines made up off the valve cover go over to the passenger side and under the headlight bucket, just need to get a -10an added to the intake tube to wrap everything up!

More to come soon!!