View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 06:56 AM   #15129
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
Should be okay. Stock setup I assume. Just fill it up with premium. All will be good. Don't know how long you had it sitting in there. Probably good idea to not do a lot of hard driving until that tank is empty.
lol, what? Why would you tell him to get it but it just gives a placebo effect?
It is mostly a placebo effect, but it does bring that 87 Octane to about 87.9 with a full bottle, so there is some minor benefit. The point is though, it's a stock engine that will run fine on 87, and better on 93 or 94. Most people dump a bottle in, they 'feel' the difference. It's a woobie, a snuggly blanket of perceived performance, besides, something tells me he has already thought about that anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo1222 View Post
quick question, is there a common spot on hatches where they leak? I've noticed that the carpet in my trunk area is wet after washing my car, but the weatherstripping is all still flexible and solid. perhaps an issue with how the tail lights seal to the body?
open the hatch, and pour a little water from a cup down the drip rail area. Look at where the tail lights come through. This is the most common place for leaks. The water will move down the drip rail, and fall right through the taillight housings into the trunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamg View Post
bump this post up
Any standard, halogen, xenon, or other type bulbs, not HID's will work fine with oem wire and housings. When you step up to HID's or go digital LED, then you need things like resistance or buffer wiring or heavier wiring. OEM styled bulbs though(oem, halogen, xenon, et al), no need for heavier wire until you get over 100W