View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 03:49 PM   #6
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silv1401 View Post
Really depends on you. If it's clean then it's clean. Genuine Kouki typically sell for more. FWIW they only made about 4,000 genuine USDM koukis, whereas they made somewhere around 30,000 Zenkis. If that false sense of prestige doesn't bother you, then I would just snag it. Only real differences that come to mind between 95-96s and 97-98s are the color codes, the instrument cluster, and the fact the 96 year S14, Nissan decided to experiment with some god awful in-bay-mounted heater cable system. Obviously didn't go well and they changed it back to the in-cabin setup for 97. That last point really only matters if you plan on tucking your engine bay and keeping the creature comforts.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Also keep in mind OP, while you can convert a zenki to doing it right costs money. The headlights are around 330 per light now. Then you need fenders, hood, bumper cover, headlight bracket, tailights, side skirt, grill, etc. All of this adds up.

Like Silv1401 said though. Genuine kouki's sell for a lot more now as they are a lot less common.

If it is just the chassis you are after I suggest take a better condition zenki over a beat to hell kouki. You can always make it look like you want with time.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote