View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 05:38 PM   #1
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
k00laid83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Subaru Legacy GT on a Nissan Forum...Build?!

I recently joined the legacygt forum and thought since I've been here for many years I would share my build here too. I was looking for a good daily that was AWD, I ended up purchasing my 2005 Subaru Legacy GT. The legacygt forum and the facebook groups have been a ton of help. Just a heads up I'm going to be copying and pasting everything from over there.

I owned my car for a month and 2 weeks in owning the car it broke down on me. First time I've ever owned a Subaru. My roots of building cars started with Honda's, then Nissan's, and dabbled in muscle / classic cars. I think that I'm very involved in the Nissan 240sx community. I was building these cars before the whole drift craze and have owned my s13 for about 15 years. I don't think I'll ever sell that car with all of the work I've put into it over the years.

If I'm being honest I notice that the Subaru community is very similar to the Nissan community. I think after this whole build I'll definitely fit in over there. Now to the pictures, this is actually going to turn into a build when I wanted a daily lol.

The day I got her..the interior was pretty jacked up.

Two days later I found another legacy in my local pick n pull and started swapping out the stained cream carpet.

Two weeks after that, it broke down on me. I was getting the infamous p0011 & p0021 codes. I replaced the avcs solenoids, and crank position sensor. I still was having issues and saw that I had low oil pressure. Thinking it was the oil pickup tube I ended up picking up a moroso piece.

While taking out the oil pan this is what I found. Not surprising since the engine has 200,000 miles. Kind of hard to see in the pictures but there's bearing glitter in my oil pan.

Two days later I ordered an ej257 type ra small block from flat irons tuning and all of the things I'm going to need for the rebuild. Just received it today with all of the other parts that I've ordered. It's turned in to an expensive build already!

Facebook or Instagram:@tightfitfab
Email: [email protected]
Check Us Out At: www.tightfitfab.com

Last edited by k00laid83; 05-19-2020 at 10:23 AM..
k00laid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links