View Single Post
Old 09-03-2017, 05:19 PM   #67
nichthen
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
nichthen is on a distinguished road
Been a while since i've updated this, thread is still semi-broken, i'll get to fixing the rest of it soon.

Figured i'll paint the whole car at once, so the engine came out. Once i took the engine out, i tore it down to get it hot bath'd. Spoke to Brendan @ Pten Developments in NZ and bought every OEM rubber hose for it, ACL Bearings, OEM head bolts, OEM Gasket kit, Front cover/oil pump. Strongly recommend him for parts if you're building anything Nissan related.

Althought i didn't even need to do this, engine had no major problems to begin with. (Had a couple leaks though)

Before

After

The car must of have had a little shunt some time before, the beaver panel was pushed in a tiny bit, so i ordered a brand new panel. Lucky to have this as it was the very last one Nissan had in their inventory with no plans of making another batch.

Slight bog work on Drivers side 1/4 panel, will take this out and re-finish without Bog. Once thats done, it'll be a completely dentless, bogless S-Chassis.

Also completely destroyed my front windscreen getting it out, so have ordered a new one.

I was planning on going Kouki rear bar + Valances, but being a series 1, the sharp edges of the Kouki kit didn't really grow on me. So i sold them both and now have a genuine 270R rear bumper along with the 270R wing on the way, can't go wrong with OEM.

Brand new old stock Nismo floor mats for the N1

Also got a uber-rare first gen ARC oil cap, trail fitted on the N1, but will go on the S14 upon completing the engine!

More pics soon..

Last edited by nichthen; 09-25-2017 at 06:59 AM..
nichthen is offline   Reply With Quote