View Single Post
Old 04-14-2022, 01:28 PM   #61
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
snorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her self
Spring/Summer 2021, all of this work was finished around October 2021. Funny enough I?ve moved to another state and not worked on the car since Zilvia went down. This is the progress made so far. I plan to return home and finish the wiring, fuel system and at least get the car inspected and registered before relocating the car. It?s feeling closer and closer to being completed, so it?s been good.

I rolled the car outside to do the final wet sand and cleaning before painting.

Prepping and shooting in the garage was not easy at all. This all was done by rattle can. Products used are Spraymax 2k primer, Automotive Touch Up 463 Dark Gray Metallic and Spray Max 2K Gloss. I think it turned out fairly nice given all the circumstances and it being the first time I?ve done a project this large.

With the bay painted, re-assembly has officially started.

I worked on the rear fitment. I went for more of a quarter pull rather than a flared roll.

As I said re-assembly had begun and with that it was time to toss in the engine I had picked up in 2020. Massive shoutout to all my friends and family that helped. Nick, Taylor, Dylan and Aaron all helped to get this engine together before I moved. My father and I dropped it into the bay together. A lot of sweating and careful movement was involved. Looking back I almost wish I had cut the core support and set it up for easy removal. Alas here we are.

Free hoists tend to be the sketchiest things ever, this time did not disappoint. Vice grips and a ratchet strap did the trick.

Finally after many years the car has an engine between the rails.

This seems like an appropriate time to fully revisit the stages of the engine bay.

Thank you all again for the support and hopefully I'll have another update by the end of the year.
snorkelcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links