View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 09:55 PM   #52
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsChassisLove View Post
PS-Forged internals really really really kill gas mileage. In the mornings when I warm up I'll probably get 24mpg cuz of the warmup.
I've never EVER seen a MPG difference of any of the cars I've built on similar tunes stock vs forged. In fact I've gotten better fuel mileage on most setups with going to a forged piston simply due to the fact of better ring seal. Curious as to why you see such a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNISA JECS View Post
I guarntee you hardly anyother KA24DE-T will even come close to my milage and I bet they will agree.
My Altima got 29/30 highway

Either way nice setup. Nice and clean, just like my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundPerformance View Post
While I do believe that issue on placement is minimal if any. You do bring up a good point. Thanks!
You want the return as low as you can possibly put it, but higher than the oil level. Not doing this causes frothing/foam. Minimal to you, but bad on many ends. Being a track based owner, I can assure you that frothy oil on a long turn causes issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundPerformance View Post
Thats pretty good as i get 17-18mpg currently. I wish i could get 24mpg.
A slightly bigger turbo may help.. T25 spools almost instantly on KA24.
Turbo size isn't indicative of good/poor fuel economy, condition of engine and tune are. If anything the car should see better fuel mileage with a smaller turbo due to increased torque and lack of fuel/throttle needed to accelerate.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote