View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 07:05 AM   #22518
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
At what point can we actually start asking 10k+ for good condition, restored and lightly modified 240s? People always harp on folks selling cars for 7k+, but just curious on other people's opinions on this one.
We can ask $10k or even higher for well built, completely restored/modified 240's easily. In point of fact, within the past few years a very good specimen was sold in Washington for 9k. A rotisserie, fully painted, total restoration as in ALL brand new parts 1996 SE sold for 23k. A partially built Pro AM/Pro kouki sold for over 9k right here in mid TN where sellers according to local buyers add too much drift tax, and sellers state that buyers just are low balling fuck bois and I know what I got.
Sure parts, bushings, new built engines with all new parts on them, nice clean well done paint, all that adds up to over 10k. Add the total up, insuring all parts have been replaced to new standards or cleaned to a 10/10 state. On a clean titled car, subtract 25% and that is about what it will sell for nation wide. People drive across the country for 240's if they are done right, and that one person really wants that car.

Mine, when it was a beautiful BASF Onyx Red with orange pearl, a car that had been brought to the shop for work, liened on due to non payment becuase all work was not performed and owner fought and lost, was selling for 8k becuase new windows, killer paint, kouki tails...but the rub upon seeing this 8k car...

The tails leaked becuase not sealed right(at a BODY SHOP), and trunk was full of water.

Only steering rack, and front sway bar bushings were replaced, remainder of total kit was in the back seat.

Shop had actual 3500 investment into car.

I said FU to 8k and made a hard offer or 5500 on the phone. Upon inspection and seeing they lied I handed them 4500, or 1k profit.

Now, that car isn't worth 1500, no matter how much money I put into it becuase even though it has a clean title, it was rebuilt(go ahead, without knowledge or declaration, LOOK at the front of the car and you will think it was never wrecked. It was rebuilt to factory standards, seams and all(front damage, core forward). Who cares, not selling, dumping enough funds to meet cause for divorce levels into it, and by the time it IS done, I'll legit be around 35k into it and done. If I sell, it's still a 1500 car, so I'll have to add parts, paint, etc up, make sure yeah its all fucking new or replaced with new, drop 25% and put it out there with a huge amount of drift tax

😅😅😅😅💀