View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 12:58 PM   #115
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
THIS THREAD DELIVERS.

I even enjoyed that detour about the chimney pipe.
Thanks brndck, I got sidetracked when i was waiting for parts. and i wanted to try to heat the shop.

The dogs let me out of the house and I made my way to the garage.

So I started in the trunk to disconnect the fuel pump wires and trunk seal plate.

I lowered the tank to the floor and labeled one of the lines to the front in a few spots.

One by one i disconnected the lines, starting with the vent line.

Drained any little bit of fuel into a junk container.

Moved the tank out of the way.

Removed the old vent check valve and trimmed the lines back a little bit(mostly just bent them back and forth after crimping them with side cutters, since they were rusted to hell )

Took the scrap pieces and cleaned them to good (enough) metal, to test my flaring tool.

So i used it on both ends

BUT!!!!!! One is flared where i only had the tube/pipe flush with the top of the tube/pipe holder. And the other is about a 1/16th-3/32nds from flush.

*The one on the right is the flush one, the left was poking out.

*The left one sits more flush it feels with the flare seat/cut BUT seems slightly thinner/maybe stretched out more?

*The right side seems to have a thicker flare cone but doesnt seat against the flare fitting 100% (maybe 85-90%)

***I guess my question is, will the thicker one crush a tiny bit onto the other fitting i bought and help create the seal, or should i flare them the "better fitting/ slightly thinner one" method?

I cut the tubes to length.

I put the tube flare nuts on.

i am waiting on these to arrive to flare and finish the fuel lines.

and i bought 15FT of 5/16 of the gates barricade mpi fuel injection hose.

i'll probably get the hose seperator clamps and anchor them along the frame rail/floor/trunk pan.

NEXT is under coating everything back there. then i'll work on the arms/diff before i re-assemble the subframe
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote