View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 04:42 PM   #11
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Inside the car, I think there is an "AC coil" Which can become frozen if the blower-fan is weak (or the seal is weak for the blower). The coil gets very cold and the fan is supposed to blow cold air through it into the car. However if the AC coil freezes up, that means it has collected water from the air I think, and then it can drip into the car

but this would only happen if the A/C is running for a while and the fan is not blowing well

Honestly since its a 240 I would clean everything and replace anything cheap. The A/C drier for example. If the system is empty or nearly empty you may as well refresh it, by giving a full vacuum to the system for a long time (30+ minutes at max vacuum) then check for leaks (with vacuum pressure test) and finally re-fill with oil and refridgerant, cleanly. I bet you find leaks to fix.
Use the opportunity to clean everything. You can take off the a/c lines and wash them out, then blow them out. The vacuum suction will dry it later when u pressure test for 30+ minutes. Clean the condenser and compressor with degreaser or simple green or something.

Main thing is cleanliness, inside and out, so you can detect problems easy and so the system can operate properly.
And the pressure test (vacuum test 30+ min) for leak detection and to remove water from the system fully before filling.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote