View Single Post
Old 05-14-2020, 08:28 AM   #32
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Videlicet View Post
Sorry guys I know I haven't responded to the thread in a while. I have been pretty busy. I think the issue might just be that it needs more transmission fluid. I don't know how long the current fluid has been in there, but I don't want to run the risk of changing it. Does anyone know how I can figure out how much fluid to add? Or how I can tell if it needs it at all?
You have a manual transmission, which means if it slips internally, it's totally destroyed.

See if you can pull the release fork a bit by hand. If the master is releasing pressure properly, when the pedal's up you should be able to push the slave in a little bit with a few pounds of force, one hand.

Otherwise, it sounds like you haven't worn your new clutch in - new clutches often don't fully engage or disengage until you've let it slip some, but don't overheat it - this is why they talk about a "gentle" break in period - don't just sit and smoke it, but let it slip plenty when you take off, in between plenty of cool-down time.

Do you smell it?

You did a clutch but never changed the tranny fluid?
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote