View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 05:12 PM   #2
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu92 View Post
I would love to do all of this and make the desired power without cracking the engine open, is that unrealistic? Im not looking for some sense of reliability for fairly cheap. The last thing I want to do is search for a new longblock because I sent a rod through the side of it. My engine currently has 91k miles on it. Please give me some insight on what to do and what not to do, sorry for the noob questions but a lot of the stuff I have found is from like 2004 and I feel is no longer relevant or accurate. TIA
The bolded don't really go together. Most of the older info you'll find on the KA-T forums is still valid, but I've done a few KA-T setups in the past and here is my take from experiance:

Your motor is lower milage so it should be ok at the lower end of your goal but 350 would be really pushing it if your looking for longetivity. The stock KA pistons tend to give out around 300hp. I've seen some people get away with it for years and some motors give up within a few miles, its luck of the draw.

The CX racing kit is an ok start but expect to replace most of it fairly quickly. Turbo KA parts aren't as plentiful as they used to be, but you can still piece together a much better kit for around the same price if you're willing to shop around and buy some used parts.

The updated CX racing manifold in the kit you linked has good turbo placement but WILL crack. I had one as well as one of my friends and both cracked in less then 5000 miles. You can have it reinforced before you install it but you would be better off searching for a used JGS log manifold since they're pretty much indestructable and will support your power goals.

Ditto to the CX racing turbo, some last some don't its luck of the draw.

Its best to avoid DeatschWerks injectors, you would be better off spending a bit more on Tomei or Nismo 740cc's (watch out for fakes!) or if you're willing to run 550s you can get OEM 04-06 STI yellowtops used for around $100. They should support close to your power goals and you get OEM quality.

What are your goals for the car? Are you just looking for a fun driver or do you want to go drifting? If its the latter you'd be better off keeping your motor stock and switching to a 4.6 or 4.9 gearset since it'll be way more reliable and just as much fun.
Rustys14 is offline   Reply With Quote