View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 06:47 PM   #22886
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medinas240 View Post
to be off? what exactly do you mean by that?
what he means is because of how short the runners are on most aftermarket S13 intake manifold (KA or SR or CA), you will lose low end torque. longer runners help create low end torque (i cant explain the science of it to you, but thats how it works). short runners like the Greddy intake manifold take away bottom end torque, but because the runners are short and plenum is much larger, on a TURBO motor, this means that mid to top end will gain more power due to the amount of air that can be inducted due to a larger capacity plenum. the motor works less in mid and top end to draw air into the motor itself.

keep one thing in mind though, the stock ECU is TUNED for the air flow that the stock intake manifold draws in across the powerband. without a stand alone, adding a greddy/freddy style intake manifold to a stock computer wont net you a lot of gains. you will most likely notice that before boost, your bottom end of the power band is going to be absolute shit! (not that its all that great on redtop/blacktop motors as they dont have VVT like the notchtops do to compensate for boost lag)

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote