View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 07:22 PM   #1
K_never_broke_again
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
K_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura about
Why are som OEM parts so insanely expensive??

this question doesn't necessarily pertain to old nissans, or really old cars at all but i thought itd be worth asking. so ive been working my first full time job at an acura dealership and recently got a promotion to the parts department. this has given me insight into the prices of various parts and how markups work. anyways, after working here for about a month im ASTOUNDED to see the prices of certain parts. I get that acura is a 'luxury' brand or whatever but seriously some things are just ridiculous. a single front lower control arm for a 2012 TL is nearly 1300 after markup. a single control arm. today i priced out some kind of hands free/bluetooth unit for one of the techs on a 2014 RLX(the most high roller car besides the NSX). After markup the total was 4800. for just a small electrical unit. I mean i dont know exactly what it does but I do know you can buy 2 full spec macbook pros for that price. or a whole new effing car. So are these parts really that expensive to manufacture, or is this just acura/honda marking up their prices to make more money and match their image?
K_never_broke_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links