View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #28
Teigen
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Teigen is an unknown quantity at this point
Update

Updates

Let me start off with the OEM SR20 waterpump placement on the block. The OEM waterpump isn't flowing enough water trough to keep up with some serious horsepowers which again makes more heat to the engine. The pump simply does not flow enough! Here is an image of the inside of the waterpum placement on the SR20 block

As you see, it is a quite small opening for the water, whihc restricts the water flow. This opening makes a far less volume than the waterflow into the waterpump. So what I did to make sure things would flow good is to gently remove the "restrictor" with an airtool

Another thing I got in hand is a AEM water/methanol injection kit. For now I will not use it, but after the first dynosession I will read the logs and watch the numbers of every sensor in the angine and do some mathematic challenge and figure out if i would be a good thign to try this. I do not want to hazard this engine, cant just go to the local shop and order a new one lol

If I commit to use the injection kit it will be only when the tempratures reach a certain number. Does not want to be using this all the time, to experience what happens with too much pressure and the water injection tank runs out...

The plenum from an old WRC car over in Canada is Cast aluminium, some say it flows the air good and others only use polished plenums and runners. I want to try the polished version, but as this is cast the surface wasnt exactly very smooth inside, rather sandy

So, smart and full of bravery I started sanding it down with some very small-corned sand paper, so soft one could rub it to the skin and it would not scratch much After almost 8 hours it looks like this

Starting to look good, and it feels as well. I can no longer feel anything but a silk-smooth surface when i sweep my fingers across. Sanded it the way I want the air to flow correct into the runners with spinning. Still not done tough, tomorrow I am starting all over, with paper so fine thing wont even need polishing when it's done hehe. Will take some more pictures. My opinion is that air flows best at smooth surfaces, but I know people also says that there is nothing air flows as good at as air laying in the rough surface.

Old image og head