View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 01:56 PM   #21
Devil's Savior

Trader Rating: (0)
Devil's Savior is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuego, that makes sense in regards to shipping, but not where the price will have $1k difference just because it is Japanese. Hell would make more sense to put in a domestic rear end with the $200 top of the line diff, over swapping a whole diff, and still paying over a $1k for a japanese diff. Started looking at possible american rear ends last night.

Blueshark, once I figure out exactly which diff I want I will have no problem doing the research to find out as much as I can about the swap, and components required to make it happen. I just need to know where to start looking based off the answers here. Right now a lot of my time goes into looking for the best price on parts that I absolutely know I need. When a question pops up, I post it on here to get the answer while price checking on all of the other known parts. Multi-tasking is the best way for me to describe my actions. I know the Q45, and R230 have been swapped multiple times, as they seem to be the most logical way to go when you stick with Japanese engine swaps. Type either of those 2 words in Google, and a bunch of threads come up for them. Not much ever says why they chose that though, just how to install, or things needed to install. Using an American motor that is about 2 times more powerful stock than those motors is why the question for the diff. That is a lot of power for such a small car. Trying to get input from you guys on what you have seen work on the cars that have the high hp RB26 and 2JZ motor swaps. I'm actually quite surprised more people do not run over 400hp with their cars. This is my first Nissan, and I have not exactly been around since I have had it to sit down and do much research. I am always traveling for work, so makes it hard to research items sometimes.

Dillinja thanks for the heads up on the Viper diffs. Was not something I would expect from that type of vehicle, seeing how it was designed for that type of power and performance. Was looking and pricing a complete diff from an 03-06 Viper, and found a few for $600.

Sfourteen I am deployed with a few drag racers, and they are telling me to get a Ford 9" rear end, as they are strong, cheap, everywhere, and everyone uses them for pretty much everything. I may just go that way, however I am not a Ford fan whatsoever and would never have thought to put anything Ford in anything I own.