Old 10-17-2011, 09:05 PM   #141
doyle4281
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (20)
doyle4281 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420sx View Post
What kind of ebrake setup are you planning on running

I am using a Z32 brake setup, it is covered in more detail earlier in the thread. However, there are a few things I left out, one of which is the handbrake cables. This is a commonly asked question, so I looked through the "archives", and found a few pictures from the installation.

The cables used were R33 Skyline cables, part numbers below. From what I understand there are other options, but I wanted the most factory solution possible.

I can only speak from my experience, but there were a few minor modifications needed to make the cables work. Aside from these small modifications, the cables install, just as factory cables do.

Unmodified cable....

After test fitting the cables, I found that the larger mounting bracket had no location to be mounted, so they were very simply removed.

After the larger brackets were removed, the smaller bracket was removed and moved down the cable so it can reach the mounting location on the subframe. This is simply done with a pair of pliers to bend the metal. I then cut the angled portion off so it could fit flat against the subframe. Sounds like a lot, but it is really simple.

In short, all you are doing is removing the big bracket and moving the small bracket to the proper location on the subframe.
doyle4281 is offline   Reply With Quote