View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Suprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enough
Suprareal's S13 FB build (sr20det eventually)

What started as a restore build with SR20DET turned to track oriented LS1 and now currently going 2JZ

CURRENT AS OF 2/20

Here's some pictures the day i brought it home

This engine wont be in here for longer than another year ( im hoping) so the only money im putting into this engine is maintnence so it will stay healthy.

First thing i did was take off the 36 stickers it was covered in, then parked it and went in and replaced every exhaust gasket and put in new studs for the exhaust manifold.
Doing this i found out the cat was gutted, i wanted to keep the car registered so i borrowed a friends cat of his coupe got it smogged then put back the gutted cat. oh well.
Replaced the valve cover gasket also, was the only thing leaking up front whatsover.

Then i fixed the taped up intake contraption the guy had going on and stripped/painted the valve cover.

Gave the engine bay a complete wash
Before:

After:

I was given the stock bumper and support with the deal since the aftermarket bumper was held on with 3 zipties i through the stock on and put the headlight rods on so they would go down.

The other owner destroyed the springs by torching them to lower it, he through in a set of stock front shocks/springs so i through those on for a while for a better ride but looked like Sh*** installed IMO

Went to the junkyard and got the headlight housings i was missing along with the rear seat door plastic i was missing, wiper arm, side lights, drivers seat belt motor and other misc plastic and stuff. Im going to keep the far rear stripped.
Heres one of my doner's

Mine getting cleaned up/scrubbed down

I couldent take the suspension anymore and redid it " for now" Ill for sure be getting coilovers after the engine swap. All money towards swap for now.
I got the Eibach sportlines and a Megan camber kit since im not a big fan of negative camber.

Speaking of negative camber the tires i got on this were like slicks and the inside steel belt were showing on all 4 tires and one rim was bent and eventually cracked through so i picked up a set of rims on craigslist.
Running 18's 225/40 on rear and 17's 225/45 in front on universal 4 lugs. not matching but close enough. They had 4 layers of thick paint on them i stripped of chemically. Still deciding on keeping them raw or going with dark bronze paint.

Always had plans of refitting the aftermarket bumper back on, its in the works.
Re glassed it, primed, and sanded ready for me to paint it. And i got the lights and correct plugs ready also.

It was VERY obvious my front LBJ's were on the way out, hitting dips and stuff would clunk bad and the front end squeaked like crazy.
Soooo I told myself i wasent going to spend any money on suspension till after the swap, i guess i lied.
I got the energy master kit, along with brand new front lower control arms with ball joints, inner/outer tie rods, sway bar links, the whole thing.

The ride now is absolutely amazing/stiff compared to what it was.

Just went ahead and painted the rims bronze, hopefully the 5 lug conversion will come one day and i will upgrade to brand name rims...
Also threw on some blown kei office coilovers in the front to see what it would be like.

Last edited by Suprareal; 02-05-2020 at 11:49 PM.. Reason: Things changed
Suprareal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links