View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
poshatch

Trader Rating: (0)
poshatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Question suspension set up

ok, soo i havnt been on this forum much, but i thought id come over here and see if i could get more insight into my questions

im sure that posting my suspension set up would help to point me in the right direction

coilovers: tein HE winding masters, 9kg front 7kg rear 24 way dampening
adj. front tension rods: 6.4*? (stock caster, but will be increasing to roughly 7...once i get the lca's in a week) front toe is oem spec i think its slightly possitive, and -2.5* degrees camber
no front sway bar
rear subframe poly inserts and collars
adj. rear traction (unset, probably stock setting, dont know what this affects, i would like to know if this makes a difference for drifting vesus grip??)
adj. rear toe (0 toe)
adj. rear upper (-2.5 camber)
rear sway bar taken out (but has poly bushings and stock ends as well as the fronts)
front and rear strut tower bracing
front z32 brake upgrade with 1" master cylinder (will be increasing rear rotors to 11.5" when i get the rest of the info on the swap)
16x8 xxr 002 (=0 offset with 7mm spacer) all around with yokohama parada spec II 205-45-16 on roughly 55 psi (pretty soft and grippy)
j30 vlsd

now i had a question inside my set up so i guess ill say it here:

1. what would tensioning or loosening (longer or shorter) tension rod do for grip versus drift? i believe its as close as i could get it to stock length

2. i know that weight distrubution is important to cornering balance and neutral steer, but im trying to see if i can dial in the car (dampening) to be more neutral for grip set up and i basically got my drift setup but needs some fine tuning

thanks everybody
poshatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links