View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 08:21 AM   #67
NoBrakes!

Trader Rating: (0)
NoBrakes! is a jewel in the roughNoBrakes! is a jewel in the roughNoBrakes! is a jewel in the roughNoBrakes! is a jewel in the roughNoBrakes! is a jewel in the roughNoBrakes! is a jewel in the roughNoBrakes! is a jewel in the roughNoBrakes! is a jewel in the rough
Update:
Checked for grounds with ecu connected and not connected, everything appears fine. When the ecu isnt connected i dont have power to both sides of the injector only the black wires on them which i assume is the common. This is for both ecus.

However testing the common power feed to injectors with a test light hooked to battery 12v (Pin 109) it lights up
So naturally i go to the eccs relay since the system goes
B+ > eccs relay > ecu > injectors > grounded by pulsed ecu

Try to test the relay for clicking i dont think it was so i just pulled it out and swapped it with a known good one, no click.
Test the terminals 2 have power (white and red wire as well as a green wire) only one wire has ground being the white and black wire while the solid black wire has neither.

Pull out the relay and test the same pin (still has ground)
Bridge the load side of the relay (still has ground)
At this point im pulling grounds to find where its coming from.
Fuse box was relocated to arm rest so those were the first 2 grounds i pulled. Tested (still has ground)
Pulled the two body grounds in both footwells under the dash (still has ground)
Pulled the rb20 motor grounds by the ect (still has ground)
Pulled the motor ground cable all togethers (still has ground)

Side not my motor has a negative battery cable connected to a mount it doesnt ground to the chassis. Tested this ground and it works

Pulled the battery negative cable to chassis ground (still has ground)
Disconnected the negative terminal all together (no longer has ground. Probably would of sold the car if it did.

so I will be using today to try and find whatever relay or switch is giving ground to the common 12 volt Plus wire feeding power to the injectors