View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 10:55 PM   #28
WTS3
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
WTS3 is a glorious beacon of lightWTS3 is a glorious beacon of lightWTS3 is a glorious beacon of lightWTS3 is a glorious beacon of lightWTS3 is a glorious beacon of lightWTS3 is a glorious beacon of lightWTS3 is a glorious beacon of lightWTS3 is a glorious beacon of lightWTS3 is a glorious beacon of lightWTS3 is a glorious beacon of lightWTS3 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n

What I do is simply add a starter relay, run the ignition switch 12v output through a powerful relay to drive the starter solenoid instead of having all that current pass through the ignition switch. This preserves the ignition switch by reducing the current flowing through it.

So just wanted to do a follow-up post for the OP bumper or anyone else who stumbles across this thread in the future who experiences similar issues. I used the solution King provided here and my starting issues are seemingly solved now. I've tried a few cold starts, cold restarts, and hot starts for testing purposes and honestly it feels strange cranking the car and having it turn over on the first attempt consistently lol
WTS3 is offline   Reply With Quote