View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #90
Teigen
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Teigen is an unknown quantity at this point
03.02.2013 Update :)

Here is yet another delayed update from past mods on the little Nissan baby

Been having a nice weekend @ the garage, sad thing is that I did a lot more work on my m8's cars then my own D':

I'm starting this update with what I have been doing to my Silvia.

The turbo manifold was made for a single 60mm wg, but I'm not into having that set-up. After a few mins spent talking with my airflow/dynamics mate the choice was a dual 44mm set-up. No larger work on the manifold to make this either, as it's a good twinscroll mani it already had outtake for WG @ both sides so i just cut the merge and inserted a new bend and also welded a plate over the opening where i cut the y-merge.

I've ordered 2 x Tial 44mm Watercooled WGs like this one

not done welding but when I am I will put of pictures of the manifold.

Another thing I finished to my car was the holding brace for the gearbox. Actually wasnt up for doing it but somehow I found motivation at 03 in the morning when I was about leaving for the night lol.

After some measurements and checking out some different solutions, I figured it would be the best to just work on the OEM gearbox brace. Used that as a sketch and reinforced it a lot and welded a new 4mm plate on top to drill new holes for the bolts from the TREMEC gearbox.

I was lucky and drilled the holes and only missed with 1mm! Didn't use any measurement tools, just memorizing how it looked and got lucky lol.

MIG welded this brace as I dont have any gas for steel on the TIG welder, only Argon gas for aluminium. Weld looked ok to me even tho I would say welding aluminium is my "main"

___

Had to do some welding for my brother in his Oldschool Volvo 242 1978'. As the new engine is going to be about 800whp the old granny need some help in the rear end (lol), so I welded on some plates to make a "wattlink". I told him to clean and stip it down to the metal where i was about welding but he didn't care as he mostly gives a f*ck about things :P

Weld fuges got full of oil and rustprotecting coatings so it is looking really "nasty" Anyway, no holes in the weld so it will hold, but if it was my car I would never had anything looking nearly as ugly as this!

I also found a Sellholm MPG x-trac sequential gearbox from a Ford RS500 Cosworth, only used for 10 hours nice with a 400whp car so it's as good as new. Told my brother to buy it asap!

Had to congratualte him to be the first of us to get a proper seq. gearbox! But I guess (and hope) He will have to congratulate me with being the fist one to reach a 1k whp hihi

The gearbox is about 24k USD priced when new, got it for 13k so it was a real killerdeal! Guess who's automatically had to make a new gearbox brace and bearings

____

My mate here, who is a drifter asked me if he could have his car in my garage and here it is. 180sx with a 340whp SR20, some forged internals but stock cylinderhead/cams/intake and a t28bb turbo.

Going to be a fun drifiting car. At the moment I was asked to prepare it for SNowdriving @ Rudskogen racetrack in norway 16th of february, going to be fun

If I made the car ready I would get the most driving he promised
things I have to do is:
Mount coilovers
Wire his Adaptronic
Mount Driftworks Knuckles
Mount Oilcooler and relocator
Make exhaust
Make Turbo inlet so airfilter is in front of car
Mount brake disks and calipers
Wire up the brake system (car is mostly stripped)
Mount gearbox
Mount gauges and instruments
Make a battary placement in the rear and wire the main electricity to alternator, starter etc
Weld a brace for fastening seats.
Woah! going to be a ruch but not inpossible

Finishing off this update with a little picture from my car (which still needs some serious love)

Peace!