View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 09:06 AM   #5
smokescreen240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
smokescreen240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchs14 View Post
im from lower de so i go to ocean city a lot over the summer. basically this is the only event that they really really really crack down on slammed cars and bs like that. basically if the bottom of your tires are poking out passed your car (excessive camber) then your got a chance of getting pulled over. same with being super low. if they see or hear you scraping, your gonna get pulled. they also have this dumb modified bumper law too. they can get your for too low of a bumper etc. its all about money down there. so basically get down there and park your car lol. just remember 3 tickets and they tow your car
there's ways around it, they only assume that it's lower than it should be. if you can prove it's not lower than regulation (12 inches in VA) then their ticket holds no ground. Don't quote me on it, but I believe that's the same for all states.

I got pulled over a week ago because my car is "too low" I asked what his reasoning was, he said my bumper (cover) is too low to the ground. so I corrected him, my bumper is exactly 12.5 inches off the ground. I clipped my zipties, unbolted my shroud and removed the cover. Went to the back of the Z pulled out my tape measure (I keep it in the back of the car for this very reason) and proved him wrong. He tips his hat, closes his book, and drives off.

Sure, I did a bit more work than needed, but my point got across and he let me go.