View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 08:54 AM   #99
battery1882
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
battery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enoughbattery1882 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR20PWRALTY View Post
What other organizations do you race in?
I built the car originally for redline time attack until I found out about the Nissan challenge. I like running with corner3 and speedventure so I think I'm gonna stick to it this year.
I would like to do the global time attack but the rules conflict a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
With your turbo the stock intake manifold should make more bottom end without much loss up top though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
That line makes absolutely no sense. 9:1 on piss CA gas should not cause any sort of knock issues. Also, a bump in compression should see power INCREASE across the board.
Unless the tune prior to going to koji was not appropriate, you should both be making more power and the car should be more tractable in and out of boost.

Ask koji what he means by that statement. He should be able to eek out atleast 300WHP with almost as much torque with no knock issues.
I was not being clear. So on the previous tune, it was knocking really really bad, Koji was able to fix most of that. Koji's dyno read 15% lower than the previous tuner's dyno, making my final # same as previous tune.

9:1 theoretically should make more power but for whatever reason, it started knocking as soon as boost started settling in. Before setting up a dyno time, Koji explained that from his previous experience, 9:1 usually knocks bad and stated that my set up will not make more than 280 @ the wheel.
I'm guessing the previous tuner pulled timing to avoid knock, which caused my egt to get so high.

I've sourced most of the parts which involves dropping CR to 8.5:1 (head gasket) along with bigger/better injectors, pumps, and intake. I'm planning on doing these after the 4/1 event and go back to Koji.

I really appreciate your concern! Feel free to comment on whatever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsalexwoo View Post
What is the full existent you went too with weight reduction?
I have not done much of that which I need to do eventually. NO AC, gutted interior/ sound deadening, lighter battery, titanium exhaust is about all I have so far. Car weighs around 2600lbs with full cage which is not bad..

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .

I've also added a separate relay that powers the fuel pump.

Last edited by battery1882; 03-24-2017 at 09:53 AM..
battery1882 is offline   Reply With Quote