View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 06:05 AM   #101
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamg View Post
im 24 now, and my plan is to dump 80% of my salary into a property home.

im going to live with parents and hopefully buy a piece of property every year for the next couple years. i've got 6 years till 30, so if i can own 8 or so, even at $1k rent a month.... that's an extra $100k-ish on top of what i would be making at my job. the good thing is that my aunt is in real estate so she knows the business as well as manages a ton of properties.

i'll be able to live my 30s with much less financial stress Lol
good plan!

1k profit a month? that is asking for a lot. Don't forget about putting cash aside for maintence and operating cost (ideally 50% of the rental)

My highest performing property brings in $1100 profit a month from rent. Putting aside half of that, and paying for operating costs such as paying for taxes and insurance, its only yielding a couple hundred a month. This is pretty typical for an investment rental property unless there was some creative owner-finance purchase method involved

There are a lot of resources out there from many different perspective. Make sure you use them all during your on-going learning process.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.

Last edited by Silverbullet; 08-21-2014 at 07:32 AM.. Reason: fixed typo
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote