View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 09:09 PM   #1
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
K24-T hold the A

I'm finally ready to share this build now that able to get back to working on it come next month. Anyways, last year i decided to ditch my ~325whp KA24DE-T after blowing the rings off a stock block for the second time (too lazy to open up the ring gap) and upgrade to K24A2. At time the i didn't really have much going on other then Riding Unemployment. The auto shop i was working for fired me for enlisting. Illegal I know but the common wealth of VA is a "right to work state". So while waiting in DEP to go to Navy Boot Camp, all i did was work on this swap, sidework and replace the body on my fathers 73' spitfire. so i I parted out my KA-T and started getting ordering the first wave of parts.

I started out with making the oil pan fit while I waited on the tranny adapter. fitting the oil pan and oil pump is a big placement problem as with how far back i wanted it, the pick up would be in the subframe. I cut and welded the pickup shorter to get it in about the same location as a KA/SR would be.

Sometime in the build I found the perfect turbo for 500$ to kick off this build, a Borg Warner S257SX-E twin scroll 1.0 A/R. Here it is next to a RB25DET NEO on the left and the T3/T04e off my KA-T in the middle.

Next came relocating the PS pump and finding a new way to tension the serp belt as the PS pump and tensioner would be in the way of the intake i wanted to run.

Mounted a S2000 radiator with S2000 silicone hoses. The radiator fill cap is a little tall for the 240, but I'm going to relocate the fill port later.

Did a Timing upgrade with a skunk2 tensioner, type-s oil pump, oil pump guides, timing chain gaurd, and the revised upper chain guide while installing a 45degree VTC gear. To get some more low end torque out of the Honda.

After getting all this sorted out, I moved on to wiring. As I still had not received my transmission adapter from Collins yet. So I began to do wiring for a Haltech 1500 in my final weeks before boot camp. I wish I could of keep my MS3X from the KA-T, but I wanted to use my J35 DBW TB i got from work a while back swapping out a Honda Pilot engine.

May 2018
With only a few days left before I leaving for an undetermined amount of time I pushed s13 outside, and set about locking up all my tools.

November 2018
After finishing A school I got a chance to go home and take 14 days leave. A few weeks prior my tranny adapter kit finally came in, but collins never sent me the clutch. So I focused on getting the motor mounted and plumbed.

I came home to this pile of boxes

Tranny fitted and dropped in to make mounts. Fit just as planned, although the valve cover sit a bit higher then when i was building the oil pan. I have a plan for later so I don't have an ugly ass hole in the hood.

My dad lending me a hand droping it in.

Mounts made using poly leaf spring bushings.

Once mounted I set about making the turbo manifold for the BW S257SX-E. Never making a turbo manifold before, this was a challenge, but atleast I already had a equal length manifold planned out using autodesk Inventor. using FSMs and pictures i mocked up a K24 in an S13 engine bay.

Mounting twin MVRs with dump pipes, the space on the passenger side is getting very cramped.

bumming 220v at a friends body shop to TIG weld the manifold, and new exhaust.

It was looking so close, but so many little things left to do.

ran out welding gas 4 days before i had to leave and airgas was closed cause of thanksgiving and black friday, so i focused on wiring and packing the garage back up. pulled the motor, set it down on a dolly and rolled the S13 back outside

And here we are now march 31st Ill be home back in VA, with orders a ship in Norfolk. I'll have almost 4 weeks to work on the car before I go on me first deployment. I don't know when I'll be back yet. Guessing late summer early fall tho as ill be joining in mid deployment.

The very last of the parts have been ordered to finish the swap plus some extra goodies I've picked up while waiting. just recently ordered a walbro E85 450l and all the plumbing to convert to flex fuel. Also my clutch and flywheel came in back in January.

Last edited by foreverdeath; 03-20-2019 at 04:25 PM..
foreverdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links