View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 05:56 PM   #173
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
We went on a trip to Hakone last weekend. One of my friends was headed back to the US and wanted to see the turnpike again before he left.

We hit the coast pretty early and drove up. I suck at taking pics.

A buddy of mine snapped this pic at the Anest Iwata Sky Lounge, the first parking area you hit on the way up.

We took a route around Lake Ashi and headed towards Mt. Mikuni. I need a new slave cylinder badly. The squeal was real.

My friend's EV1 Lightning Yellow SpecR. Deal of the century, and an even better deal on the R33 whees he recently purchased.

We headed down a route that none of us had ever taken and ended up driving through a pampas grass field. I forget the name of the area, but the road was surrounded on either side by pampas grass that Jin Sakai could hide in for days.

I recently took a new job in Kyushu, and posted the red car for sale again.

Unfortunately, even with links to similar spec'd cars included in my post, people are still talking shit on the price. That's fine by me. I don't know why people don't understand that 'testing waters' means I am in no rush to sell my shit or lose my ass on a car I recently bought, did maintenance on, and installed suspension bits on. Cats out here are so jaded because 3yrs ago they heard of a sister's cousin's friend scoring a car with 150,000KM+ and a repair history for $10k. Blows my mind.

I'm also tentatively in the market for something else. I will have more parking where I'm headed and had I known I would get this job, I would not have sold my two-tone. I considered and NSX, then another S13 Silvia, then a Porsche, then the S13 Silvia again, and now an R32 is at the top of my list. If I seem all over the place it's because I am. I'm always torn between a departure from what I know or sticking with the same old shit. I guess we'll see.