View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 08:57 AM   #10
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby109 View Post
So, what approx should my idle and timing be set to?
Can I just make minor adjustments to the timing and use the vacuum as a guage for when it is close to correct?
The motor came with the angle sensor turned all the way clockwise, so I centered it out. Like I said it does seem to idle ok, but doesn't come down from higher RPM well.
There are many guides on setting timing on the SR20, a google search would be the best place as it would be easier than me typing it.

Another thing to consider is your idle vacuum. While in timing mode, I'd also raise the idle a smidge to help compensate as well (bottom of IACV there is a screw)

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote