View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 02:07 AM   #6
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
4x 550cc injectors are good to around 350rwhp iirc
depends on fuel pressure o/c

I would not take factory KA24DE much if at all over 6,000rpm and in fact suggest you limit to 5800rpm for safety, as this is the engine's primary weakness.

Everything the KA24 lacks, the 'square' 86x86 sr20det/4g63/2jzgte type engines make up for so I suggest you long term plan to upgrade to an proper turbo engine if possible

As for how much boost is typically run on stock KA24 engines: 7 to 12psi (roughly 280-320rwhp I guess is fine) It depends on the condition of the engine, and as usual things like compression ratio and treatment. With methanol injection it could see 350rwhp or even 380rwhp reliably I believe but have never tried.
With E85 perhaps even more is possible (I wouldn't be surprised at 420rwhp) perfectly safe as long as it's made with boost (cylinder pressure) and not RPM.

Most stock KA engines on gasoline fuels (93 octane) should use turbos that flow around 40lb/min max To keep wheel weight down (fastest spool). I mention because the turbo in picture looks far too large to be useful. maybe Im wrong though, sometimes big turbos surprise me.

------
Tuning wise, get the cheapest computer possible (try to spend under $500) mainly because
KA specific stuff is hard to re-sell

The ideal computer is Power FC which uses a maf sensor so you can keep it simple. But I don't think they even make a PFC for the KA engine??

The best ecu would be AEM or Haltech (obviously?) but nobody sane would spend that kind of money on a stock KA engine.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote