View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 04:16 PM   #20
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Next up was installation time, I was hoping at first to drop the motor in at an angle to beat the issues I was having with the pressure plate clearing.

got the new throw out bearing mounted, along with the clutch kit.

on our way to final approach...

after my first attempt(no dice) so my 2 choices were to remove the torsion bars, or pull out the front driveshafts and the diff?

seeing as I needed to change out my half shafts anyway I opted for the 2nd one. I also removed the hubs and changed the seals and brake calipers.

took the diff out and got it cleaned up really good. what I had to end up doing was I had to take this apart for the engine to clear in the bay, then I had to re-attach it after I was done with the engine install.

it was a hard time, but BAM!!!

and alas I don't have stock ka a/c comp room..

and here is the final clearance of the downpipe to the brake booster(also replaced that).

plenty of room on the intake side

I need to modify the engine mount holes, not liking this flexing going on...

luckily I had a 240sx power steering fluid resv left over, and with minimum mods got it to work.

got the intercooler mocked up.

supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote