View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 10:52 AM   #360
lonewanderer
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
lonewanderer is making a name for him/her selflonewanderer is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
No clue what this thread is actually about but after owning my 240sx for almost two decades, maybe 2019 will be the year I finally get rid of it.

It took years for me to afford and procure the parts I dreamed about having. I was obsessed with gaining knowledge on the S chassis and became an expert. Little by little I built the car I dreamed about. Now, finally the car is at a place where all it needs is a paint job. I still love the car no less, but it has primarily become a source of stress for me instead of joy since I moved to Europe a year and a half ago. The car is currently sitting in storage which I pay monthly for and it's not being used. Bringing it to Europe is not really an option since it would cost a fortune to register here being that it doesn't meet emissions standards. I know that I won't get the money back that I put in the car over the years... I believe the market for 240sx will mature in a few years just like the S30 cars have. I sold my 1976 280z for a pittance in 2006, and always feel regret when I think about it. With my 240sx, I told myself I wouldn't be that old guy saying "I drove that car to highschool and I never should have sold it", but maybe the time has come to pass it on to someone else. Just the musings of another grumpy old asshole on Zilvia.

just import it to europe.. My dad imported a USDM 84 toyota celica supra to Portugal in the late 80's and still drives it when he's there. Passes inspection every time and emissions is not an issue because its considered a "compact" car. The 240sx or the 200sx as its branded there is all over Europe where its also considered a compact. They only drive compact cars there as thats whats popular. Saying that you don't want to import it is just laziness and stupidity at its finest, since they are all over the place there.
lonewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote