View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 09:22 AM   #338
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
...who the fuck has ever spent $10k on wheels?

I've never paid over $3.5k for wheels and I've got typical fuckboy wheels like TEs and LMs.

GKTech makes good products. Do you need over-engineered parts for your stance car? No.

I guess my point is this: don't buy top-tier shit for areas you don't need top-tier shit in. Everyone can tell you're just a glory whore at that point.

There are a lot of brands out there with some serious engineering behind them and a big ass markup too.
When I couldn’t find my advans, I found a company in Florida or Cali called adv.1 that has model 5 looking wheels.
8400 for a set of 4, no center caps.

I did not respond to that email lol.

I didn’t know about ikeya formula and their approved parts.

I ended up buying spl since I read good reviews. I probably won’t need them since I don’t plan on driving the car around too much. I personally just thought that if I crash my car due to some cheap crappy part(s) then I would hate myself for it. I put in a lot of work to save money and buy stuff, so to cheap out on such a small scale would end up costing me a lot.

I choose to have a higher factor of safety aka overkill my build. I know I can get away with using 2 gauge wire for a battery relocation. Imma be pissed if that causes me problems or a fire, so I went with 1/0 gauge with padding/insulation and extra fuses. My cost wasn’t under $50 like all those write ups.

Another thing is, if you ever went to sell your car the price would change drastically if you use top dollar well known parts vs the absolute bare minimum bottom of the barrel brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote