View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 06:48 PM   #100
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
So the manifold came in and the bottom surface wasn't completely flat. I sent it out to have it machined flat so it lined up true with the lower runners. I mocked it up on the bench first, all the holes had to be re-tapped and the stock bolts had to be cut shorter and re threaded .

I then had to disassemble the entire thing because it wouldn't clear the brake lines. Installed the lower half and then put the top plenum back on in the car.

It definitely looks mediocre at best. Not as clean as the old manifold but 309284392 times better than the stock crossover pipe. Should equate to a better driving car at lower RPMs so theres that.

In changing the manifold there are a couple things that need addressing.

-The breaks in the wiring harness need to be redone as the IACV and other sensors have moved around a bit.

-The AN fitting on the front of the rail just touches the coolant temp sensor which is a bummer and will have to be looked into and changed.

-The cold piping has to be re welded to accomodate the new TB position. I've extended it with couplers but thats less than Ideal so it will need to be remade.

Martino came by and we did an alignment to at least get the car to the point where it can be driven to get the fenders rolled and the wheels fitted properly. We ran out of daylight and played with the under car lighting

The seasons quickly coming to a close. fingers crossed I can get it out for a week or two on temp permits :/