View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 01:53 PM   #42
Zenki_559
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Zenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of lightZenki_559 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter92 View Post
I have been overbuilding cars for 10 years, I really wanted something as simple as possible. It's getting harder and harder to find KA24 parts and 240 parts in general, also AC in an s13 is becoming harder each year. An SR20 swap is expensive and I don't want to have SR20 problems, I would have done a 1JZ swap again, but thats $8,000.... This 350Z was effictively $2980 after I sold some parts off of it. My total investment will be like $6,000 and this will be a car capable of podiums in TXSL, I have no desire for more power than a stock DE with bolt-ons. My s13 was fantastic but I think I have made the best choice for myself to get as much seat time as possible and actually drive every event Lone Star Drift hosts in 2020 (except Texas Motor Speedway because of the roll cage rules of that facility)
Yea, Im originally from Ca where 240 parts are still plentiful, and being out here for the past 4 years has been a constant search for parts. So I get that aspect.
My brother has a 350 and loves its, im just not a fan of the asthetics of them. However, that is a really cheap price for a solid chassis that will be competitive in TXSL.
Looks like I'll be stuck here a couple more years, so I'm purchasing a truck to hopefully make it out to some events this year.
Zenki_559 is offline   Reply With Quote