View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #45
Teigen
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Teigen is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc. View Post
You guys are crazy for criticizing him on this. It's a head and it's a damn good one at that. Why don't you just ask him why he isn't putting a V8 in it?

Thank you, I am so glad there is people like you here!
For information: If I wanted to have what a VE head can give me that the BTCC head won't I would ofc used the VE head.

And saying that your VE head flows "shit loads more" than my BTCC head then I think you would have to come here and see.

VE was developed during 1996 and If it was any better, Nissan would have used that, and not the DE to win the BTCC championship with their primera.
The BTCC isnt a normal SR20DE head, it was in fact made with more material around the ports so that the ports could be as a large as possible. Do you think your stock VS head would beat a stock BTCC head as N/A engine? I don't think so

Valves are also slightly larger
+ these engines could do 9500 rpm, no problem! Without having issues with rocker arms etc. + of course i have custommade rocker arms in a different material than those of a regular SR20DE head...

+ there was made like 34 engines for BTCC, so no, I'd not rather throw my DE head and pruchase a regular VE head.

Also, you mentioned the ports were small compared to a VE? I don't think so!

Today's Update:

Finally got some more Argon gas for my TIG welder so I could start welding some more on the plenum, got almost finished but it's not yet complete.
Still waiting for some new bolts that would fit for the special holes in the Meziere waterpumps.

Also came to the decision today that I am going to make the whole suspension setup myself together with a mate which works with delivering to the sportscar industry racing.

Of course Coilovers I will not make myself But mostly everything else.
Going to use a very solid metal used to aircraft industry + lotsa uniballs. Everything will be adjustable. + going to machine some 50mm spacers so that the car will handle a bit better in the rough corners with higher speed.
For tires I am hoping to maybe get some 285 fitted under there