View Single Post
Old 07-04-2022, 04:51 PM   #1
AlwaysZenki

Trader Rating: (0)
AlwaysZenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Question S14 ignition or power issue, always on.

Recently purchased this car and everything looks stock minus the engine was pulled to rebuild and was manual swapped. I bolted up the transmission and installed the Wiring Specialties harness.

After installing the wiring harness I hooked up the battery and the airbag and battery lights came on, weird since the key was in my hand. I then tried the power Windows which functioned with key out.

I proceeded to check the wiring harness power and grounds including fuse box everything seemed fine, if I turn the key forward it?ll cycle the fuel pump properly, the starter will click, but the radio doesn?t power on ever (could just be faulty but worth a mention). But with key removed windows work and air bag + battery light remain solid. I?ve unplugged ignition relay from engine bay fuse box, unplugged 6 pin plug toward ignition cylinder. Problem persists. I?ve searched but no luck finding any solutions any ideas why it always has power?

1995 240SX SE, KA24DE. NO aftermarket alarm, all wiring under dash looks original and not tampered with minus A/T module removed.

Update: pulled every fuse and relay under the dash, one was blown which fixed radio. Radio properly turns off with key. No matter what relay I remove the power issue seems to persist.

Last edited by AlwaysZenki; 07-04-2022 at 09:09 PM..
AlwaysZenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links