View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 12:43 AM   #213
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
finally got around to fixing the hatch... kinda...

i decided to go with an oem pan just to make things simple... and then realized the xcessive pan had the brace incorporated into the upper pan, meaning the transmission, clutch, and flywheel needed to be removed just to get to the back two bolts.

i threw in the towel and tagged in my buddy (with the z32) and had him do it lol ended up giving him the green light to whack the brace off the pan and he popped that shit right off. while he was at it, i also had him replace the xcessive motor mount brackets with some oem units, which shifted the motor to the left and up about 3/4", paired with the oe pan, it all sits about 2" higher than before, high above the crossmember and swaybar

a side effect of raising the motor though, is now the rad hose and fmic piping setup is all fucked up. gotta rebuild the hoses to be about 1/2" longer and either have a custom coldpipe built or try to squeeze a 45° coupler in there. AND gotta figure out what's going on with my altenator, but aside from that it's good to go. took it out for a little rip up and down the street. slow, but feels solid.

(pull video cuz zilvia won't let it embed) https://imgur.com/LBkB9ve

SOOOO CLOSE!