View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 07:01 AM   #15
Nysil Via

Trader Rating: (0)
Nysil Via has a spectacular aura aboutNysil Via has a spectacular aura aboutNysil Via has a spectacular aura aboutNysil Via has a spectacular aura aboutNysil Via has a spectacular aura aboutNysil Via has a spectacular aura about
Both, and also some curiosity. I haven't tried a larger gap on my plugs. I was running a .031" gap. The information I found about the LTG 2.0t is that they use a 9mm or .035 gap. So I may try that when I change my plugs and see if I get any blowout.

oh, the ignitor bypass. I no longer need it. The wires from the ecu harness go right to each coil. The GM coils have their own "ignitor" meaning that when the ECU signal reaches the coil, a built-in relay is activated that completes the 12V circuit to that coil.

The way the stock SR20DET coils work, if you are curious, is that the ecu signal goes to the ignitor chip and that flips a relay that grounds the 12V circuit from that coil. IOW, all the coils are fed from one 12V source, but then each coil has its own ground wire that runs down to the ignitor chip. The ground wires from each coil will only be grounded when the ECU signal tells the ignitor chip to complete the circuit.

Last edited by Nysil Via; 01-29-2019 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: forgot to add something
Nysil Via is offline   Reply With Quote