View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 06:39 PM   #4072
SRQ240

Trader Rating: (0)
SRQ240 is a well-known jackass
Hi Everyone!

Have a serious question about fitment for my 1991 240sx S13 Hatchback (Stock Body). Currently has BC Racing Coilovers with upper camber plates, Front Adjustable Lower Control arms and Tension Arms, new inner/outer tie-rods that are adjustable as well. Car only has 60k Miles on the clock, so most of the stock arms are still in good condition and this is supposed to be more of a fun daily with good fitment. Stock wheels right now, but I have the both the front and rear fenders rolled, but not pulled (could do it if absolutely necessary). And I will be tucking the wiring harness.

(Ive searched as much as I can and as much as my computer legitimately allows)

I have been having trouble deciding (FIRST) Between a 17x9.5 options are +5 and +22 OR an 18x9.5 +22. I am not sure which I want to go with. I would like a little more ground clearance for when I put an aftermarket front bumper and skirts on the car so they're not getting destroyed everywhere, but thats not my biggest worry. WHEEL GAP and having donk fitment are my biggest worries. Im okay with a little camber too.

I know I want a moderate stretch for the tires and thats fine. I know I will have less of a chance of rubbing with the 17 (depending on tire size) but I will most likely be closer to the ground and not have enough clearance for my city roads, unless i get a meatier tire which I don't really want something chonky. If I get the 18's, I would have less wheel gap and it would fill out the wheel-well a little more, but i don't know what tire size to get! Im stuck between a 17x9.5 with 225/45R17 or 235/40R17 ORRRRRRRR an 18x9.5 with a 225/40R18. I would like the setup to be squared so I can rotate tires, since I am in college and would like to try and save a bit of money if I'm going to be running camber and stretch anyway.

I've gone through probably 75% of the pages in this thread to try and get an idea, but I haven't seen many pictures of people running square setups with relatively the same as I'm looking for.
If anyone has an opinions, tips, idea or photos PLEASE respond and let me know.

Not new to the forum, but I think this is either my first or second time actually posting anything on this EVER. Im on a MacBook (which is the only computer I have right now) and the search-forum option is kinda wonky and doesn't always work. I've done as much searching as i can on both here, google, and other general Nissan forums.

Thanks so much!
SRQ240 is offline   Reply With Quote