View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 08:14 PM   #464
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
That's the one!

Oh also, I did figure out that you can use larger washers on both the head studs and the main studs than the ones that come with the ARP's. This should distribute the clamp load over a slightly larger area. I used two sets of these:

https://www.whalenspeed.com/products...d-large-washer

Is that 25$ for a set of 8, 10 or each?

My motor is in pieces right now too. Sending it down to AHM just outside Baltimore per recommendation of Chris(RalliartRsX). Chris, has done many Nissan engines and I feel confident in his capabilities. I?ll be align-honing my mains, upgrading the std JE piston pins to Trend performance units with DLC coating, adding a Plazamann girdle and swapping out my Eagle rods for my Carrillo Pro- H beams. Ultimately, I had to tear it down for the deck to be machined anyway, so a few upgrades, new bearings and possibly a hone were in order. After all, this motor has been assembled for 10years.

Last edited by jr_ss; 07-20-2020 at 06:22 AM..
jr_ss is offline   Reply With Quote