View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 02:53 AM   #660
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Yeah. It's not a complaint so much as an accepted 'comes-with-the-territory' fact. I was trying to say that a lot of the cars I buy have had a good life and they still make noise. The funny thing is that I can say with 100% honesty that I've NEVER had an issue with a leaky sunroof lol. Weird as fuck since it's considered the 'norm'...but same goes for loud ass rattles, I suppose.

I spent all day driving my Silvia. 1hr+ to Mooneyes, then another 45min+ to UpGarage. I took the low roads (more bumps) to avoid tolls. The car actually seems to make LESS noise now that it's planted on coilovers. Go figure. The wind noise still gets in but that's what we all get for having cool-guy frameless doors lol.

DUUUUDE. YES. LOL. A buddy of mine here had GS and when I would ride in it I'd find myself questioning my life choices hahahah. Before that, in the US, a close friend had a BMW and that shit felt like an airplane. If I parted out my SChassis cars then sold the stock cars for the 'going-rate' I could easily afford something like that...but I'm still stupid and still love pieces of shit.
I just keep wondering how different things would have been if I put all the money into the IS instead of the 240. The 240 is fun but it comes at the expense of comfort(lightweight ftw). We'll see how the IS is with about 500whp. Seems like it would be a dream, but who knows it may still feel like a pig. Maybe someone with some experience can chime in.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote