View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 09:20 AM   #1
DEGUZZI
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
DEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to all
s13 HID fog light projector in S13 Silvia bricks

So it's pretty well-known bricks have the worst light output, but this retrofit is possibly the least invasive improvement I could imagine

The HID projector I'm using is the Morimoto Matchbox
>>Morimoto product page

It's VERY tiny--the whole thing can fit inside the main headlight bowl:

Unfortunately I don't have any instructions on opening up the headlights--mine already had clear lenses put in.

But beyond that, it's just a matter of popping out the H3 bulb holder and sandwiching the projector in the bowl:

From left to right (right being the front):

Lock ring > Adapter plate* > Reflector bowl > Silicone grommet > Projector
*H4 adapter plate is pictured, but the included flat H7 adapter worked out better

In the end you'll get something like this:

The wire is for the high-beam solenoid that you should consider drilling a hole for. It drops the cutoff shield to open up the full beam

There's a shroud that fits these projectors, but there's only one and it's ugly as hell

Just some food for thought for people who want a little more from their bricks, but don't want to cut into their bowls/housings to fit 2.5" projectors. I can't imagine the OEM glass lenses affecting the beam much either, but I could be wrong, lol