View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #9
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by khmer1 View Post
i might want the last on list but im assuming you will have to get a subscription for siriusxm right shipped to 43206 oh
The 138 does not do SAT radio out of the box... you would need to add the $69 tuner. Obviously if you do not do the tuner then you won't need a SiriusXM subscription. Even if you have the tuner hooked up you don't need the subscription... you just won't get any channels until you subscribe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeKack View Post
I have a seriously outdated sony head unit that came with my car and been wanting to upgrade. I really like the models that have the hands free calling bluetooth. Do they come with microphones or do you talk through your phone's mic?
Yes, all BT Alpines come with a nice MIC that I recommend clipping to the headliner up by the rear view mirror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeKack View Post
And probably stupid question but I noticed you really dig Alpine and I never experienced one, what is it about them that makes them better than others like Pioneer, Kenwood, Clarion etc?
Let me first start off by saying that I have carried every decent brand of head unit over the last 20 years: Alpine, Rockford, Denon, Clarion, Clarion Pro Audio, Sony, Sony ES, Eclipse, Pioneer, Pioneer Elite, JVC, Nakamichi, Kenwood, Kenwood Excelon etc... and Alpine is the only one that I have carried the entire 20 years. Alpine is the only upper tier head unit left on the market. Is Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony nice? Sure, but Alpine is just a notch above them. Quality is a little better, performance is a little better, they have the best Ipod control(they invented it for car audio), they easily have the best user interface... especially on double DIN's. I have installed on over 25,000 vehicles and I still struggle to find certain settings in Pioneers and Kenwoods.... it shouldn't be that damn difficult. You can pick up an Alpine for the first time and easily find any setting you want. Very common sense and there's no weird menus buried within other crap. Hell on Pioneer you can only access certain menus starting with the radio being off... DUMB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielS14 View Post
could you get ahold of any doubledins broadfield??
I only carry Alpine... and all of their double DIN units will be released in June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgod^s13 View Post
I really hope, that Alpine steps up their double din game this year. I've already got a pdx sub, and 5 channel amp. Wouldn't mind running all Alpine. I'll have to hit you up for a package deal for a double din, separates, and sub(s).
The W910 was a killer piece last year, but not everyone wants NAV etc. So Alpine will be releasing double DINs without a screen, with a screen and no NAV, with NAV and even an 8" screen. They will have a unit at the following retail price points: $199, $449, $699, $999 and $1499.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds