View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 03:00 AM   #3
shaggyjake
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choicesshaggyjake has made poor choices
Ok, so after we got the motor in, i started on the little things.

Picked up a bunch of stuff from Heatshield Products.

Pretty much anything that's near the headers has some sort of heat protection. the fuel delivery line and brake line that run along the frame rail have this protective heat shield. I was also able to use the existing brackets for the brake/fuel lines to support the new AN/braided stainless line

Was able to find a couple of brackets for plumbing line to secure the fuel feed and return lines above the subframe. not bad for 79 cents!

mounted the fuel filter using a bolt from the existing fuel line bracket.

Quick question: on the corvette fuel filter, which port is the feed and which port is the return? The way i have it plumbed up now, the port where my finger is touching is connected to the pressure side of the fuel pump.

mounted a big ass oil filter

replaced the old power steering pump with a NAPA pump and a turn one pulley. boy do i love new parts!!!

being that i had one of the first year LS1's, my engine came with a return fitting on the fuel rail, and instead of spending $100 plus on an LS6 style rail (they came without a fuel return fitting), i just spent a flat $200 at JEGs for these Holley fuel rails with AN everything! my whole fuel system is done with AN fittings and lines now.

unfortunately, the hinson rad didn't work out for me, but this mishimoto is a true bolt in! i used the s14 brackets for a cleaner look.

the only thing left on the cooling system is the shroud, fans, and overflow tank (all mishimoto (hard to beat a lifetime warranty for those prices)). unfortunately, when i was shopping on FRsport, the website listing everything as in stock, but they sent me an email saying that a couple of the products were on backorder and wouldn't ship for the next two weeks.

here's the clutch master and line. i forgot to tighten down the bleed line when i first got the motor in, which meant the trans had to come off... i was able to pull the transmission off without pulling the motor. it was fun! :evil:

i have a couple suggestions for the fueled kit (if you happen to come across this thread, todd)
you guys include heat protective sleeving for the clutch and power steering lines, but not the oil lines. i'd like to see you guys include heat protection for the oil lines.
and a banjo fitting would fit much better here. it may fit better on an s14, but it knocked off a bit of paint here.

here's a picture of the headers next to the frame rail. there is room for adjustment of the headers where it bolts up to your heads, but i prefer a little breathing room between the floor pan and collecters.

here's the thermo-tec heat shield. it has a pressure sensitive adhesive. once it's on it really sticks!

picked up a conversion shift lever from hawksthirdgen.com, designed to run a 5th gen ZL1/1LE shift knob on a 4th gen T56. it's a super comfortable fit, and sits at a good height, but it was designed to fit on a camaro/firebird.

in the picture below, the shifter is in the reverse position (all the way to the right and up). when the shifter is in first gear the knob rubs against the handbrake.

i need to find a way to reposition the shift lever so that the knob sits more centered in the console. i either need to make a bracket to fit or heat up the lever and try and bend it.

i'm still undecided on what to do with fuseboxes.

i think i can mount the driver side box here-

and the passenger side box here-

all the wiring is done on the driver side interior, new axles installed, driveshaft on, new output shaft seal on the trans, and filled up with fluid, the wiring harnesses in the fender wells, headlights wired up...

i think all i have left is to finish the cooling system, mount the fuse boxes, hook up the engine harness, and run the battery cables and it should be ready to rock!
shaggyjake is offline   Reply With Quote