View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 11:14 AM   #13
DET240SX
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
DET240SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Basically agree with what everyone is saying here, compensation for bump steer, upgrade to S14 TRE, etc..

If you're planning buying economical but high quality, I strongly recommend MOOG TRE's. They are beefier than OEM since it's designed for the aftermarket (non of those parts within Warranty product life mentality like almost all of OEM's have - can't blame em but).

They have an extensive Tech/R&D center in St. Louis that does metallurgical analysis on what type of steel is best in strength, as well as bend vs. snapping simulation of the arm and the stud itself. They do a lot more than that but..

All of their ball studs are US made in Illinois, with the US steel, if that matters to you. It also has gusher bearings for more lubrication.

I had to upgrade my arms during one of the drift events last year at the track, had no choice but to use my buddy's S14 PBM ITR (chopped at the end) and MOOG TRE's - was skeptical at first since it's not "performance" part as all of us are used to but man I have no complaints.

See pic for your reference of difference in design

DET240SX is offline   Reply With Quote