View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 05:56 AM   #30
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverdeath View Post
I have a S257SXE 1.00A/R twin scroll on my k24a2 s13 and its nuts anything more then just cruising Above 3k and I'm in boost. I think a bigger housing would be better drivin it on the street its ether slow in the low revs or in boost and VTEC(3200rpm) scootn.
This is cool! Ever had it on the dyno? I'd love to see that torque curve. It's hard to find people running these turbos and I think they're really underrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverdeath View Post
You don't have to space down the subframe, or atleast I didnt with mine. They added the spacer to help with two things. First old pan to rack bracket clearance. To get the motor low enough to have the crank at the same level as a KA or SR the oil plan flange must nearly sit on the passenger rack bracket. I modded my subframe and passenger rack bracket to make the bracket as low profile as possable without moving my rack. Secondly the K24 is it tall to fit under the hood without notching the vavle cover or lowering the subframe. Even modding my subframe and a custom oil pan I only got the front of the vavle cover to be a few mm above the hood skin.
Yes, The TF-works kit is as far back and as far down as you can go. You can't even fit a vent filter on the rear valve cover nipple, TF cuts that off and welds that closed. I think the spacers are only for people running unmodified hoods.
https://www.tf-works.com/faq-kswap/

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote