View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #20
Johnphen
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
Johnphen is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
What I'm getting at is he comes in here and throws around 346hp on an SAFC. Sure it's possible, but there are other factors to consider. I'm trying to protect the image that he protrayed. It is not ok to wire in an SAFC and go out and turn up the boost. Perhaps I got a little carried away and I apologize for the stab at him. Sure a MAF swap and SAFC should be fine, but people tend to take it further than that and it's not something that should be done. An SAFC is archaic at best and is not a very good "tuning tool". It is bare bones, fuel TRIM only and not full on tuning tool as some people tend to believe they are.

As far as an SAFC being safe, it depends on how he intends to use it. Boost up, larger MAF and stock injectors, not so much...
Sorry, but there's a whole lot of misinformation in what you are saying there.

Big injectors and bigger boost is exactly what the SAFC is for, and in no way would it be a detriment to the OP to use a AFC and turn up the boost unless he didn't know what he was doing.

Having tuned boosted cars since 1996, including the very first AFC I can tell you that a lot of what you are saying is misinformation.

MAF + AFC sucks? sure if you are venting to atmosphere. I would have no problem with someone coming out and saying that, or referring to airflow overrun, limited IPW or other such annoyances when it comes to the AFC.

But coming right out and just blasting it like you did doesn't do anyone justice. You have some points, but none that answer the OP's original question or the validity of an AFC on his SR.
Johnphen is offline   Reply With Quote